Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Indices » FTSE

Post subject: What will the FTSE 100 do Tomorrow?
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:18 am 
Site Admin

I figured since I like to speculate so much on the FTSE 100 it would make for interesting, ongoing discussion. Therefore I created this new section in the forum dedicated to the FTSE indices.

Well what a time the FTSE 100 has been having just lately. With the massive falls at the beginning of August it seemed like it might not stop. However it found some support below 5000 and has now recovered slightly. The question is where does it go from here?

Personally I think the FTSE has further to fall. I just can't see how it can rise with all the bad news in Spain and other parts of Europe. I think some people are hoping all the mess is just going to go away but I suspect it's only going to get worse.

I would love to hear other people opinions on where they thing the FTSE may be heading.

Harry,
The Spread betting beginner

Post subject: Re: What will the FTSE 100 do Tomorrow?
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

So the FTSE 100 has fallen yet again on fears of the Eurozone debt. I just don't see how this threat is going to go away anytime soon. I'm very skeptical of any kind of rally in price at the moment. There's no new down trend yet but if prices continue to fall the way they have been then I think I'll only be looking for shorting opportunities. I just hope I'm not too late.

As always I look forward to hear anyone elses thoughts on this.

Harry,

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

well well well. The FTSE 100 is rising but how high? Will it hit the most recent highs of around 5400? Will this level prove to be a good resistance level again?

Who knows but I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Harry,

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:28 am 

I have to say I think the FTSE will continue to rise. Volume has been increasing with this most recent rally and that could be a sign of confidence starting to return to the market.

I'm currently long the FTSE so I'm hoping for a continued rise.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Well done Mel for being long. I think the real test is about to come when it tests the 5400ish barrier again. Will the bulls do enough to take it through?

At he moment I can't make my mind up either way one day I think it's going to continue upwards the next I just don't see how it can rise. Still it's a good job I'm not trying to predict what the FTSE is going to do next. I'm happy enough seeing what is happening and trading accordingly. For the time being it looks like the bulls have the power the only question is will the bears over power them at 5400?

Harry,

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Well then, the FTSE has dropped over 100 points at the time of writing. Largely due to the Eurozone politicians fannying about again. The thing that I find interesting about these sort of thing is how they always seem to tie in with the price action or vice versa. For Instance I said in the last post there is a resistance level around the 5400 mark and what happened? Well on Friday price actually touched this level before dropping back slightly, then today has hit and boom it's down over 100 points. Is this the start of the retrace back to 5000 or lower? As always I have no idea, I'm glad I still have a mix of longs and shots though, just in case price rises or falls.

If you would like to leave your thoughts please do. I look forward to hearing them.

Harry,

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 pm 

Luckily I trailed my stop on my FTSE trade quite aggressively getting out at 5350. Made myself a nice 150 point profit so I'm happy with that.

When the FTSE failed to pass 5400 on Friday I decided to tighten up my stop level as I knew it's potential as a resistance level. Now I'm waiting for my next opportunity to get back in. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mel.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:42 pm 

I have just gone over the FTSE chart and i can see this moving towards the 4700 area unless we get some new volume.

Attachments:
snapshot-17.png
snapshot-17.png [ 7.08 KiB | Viewed 24003 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 am 
Site Admin

Well it's been a busy few weeks for the FTSE100. With prices just trading under 5400 where will it go from here? If resistance holds true then the only way is down, however resistance levels are there to be broken the only question is when will it happen and will and break out last?

Harry,

Board index » Indices » FTSE