Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread Betting - General

Post subject: SHARE PRICE UPDATE DELAY (IG INDEX)
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 am 

Hi

been meaning to ask about this for ages: why do the 'live' prices on my IG platform take so long to update? For example, today I'm at home and it's now 11.45am, and loads of my positions are showing yesterday's finish prices...

NAUTICAL PETROLEUM, for instance, is showing 360.13 on IG INDEX but I know for a fact it's up at 363; TT ELECTRONICS shows 159 but is actually up to 161.5, and so on...

Probably later this afternoon they'll catch up with themselves - I just find it slightly annoying that the 'live' prices aren't usually correct. Ah well...

Big Al

Post subject: Re: SHARE PRICE UPDATE DELAY (IG INDEX)
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

I don't have an IG index account so I may not be that much use to you here.

When you say "but I know for a fact" how do you know this? Do you have some other live price feed? Also I know most of the spread betting firms say, prices are 'indicative' which basically covers them for things like this.

It would seem that if IG are quoting prices that are below market value and they could potentially "catch up with themselves" then that could be an opportuinty to spread bet them? This is not advice or a suggestion, merely an observation.

Someone else with an IG index account might be able to answer your question better than me.

On a side note, you commented about CMC markets. If your after AIM shares then the new CMC platform is not for you. Their old market maker platform had way more instruments than the 1250 or so they now quote. To be honest I can see them losing alot of clients when the market maker platform is discontinued. I personally try and stick to FTSE350 stocks, mainly because they are more liquid and can be less volatile than AIM. But if you prefer AIM and it suits you then stick with it. I think you are probably with the best provider for AIM stocks.

Harry,
The Spread betting beginner

Post subject: Re: SHARE PRICE UPDATE DELAY (IG INDEX)
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:17 pm 

hi Big Al,
I'm an IG customer myself and I have to be honest I havent noticed the delayed pricing.
If they are being delayed in our favour best not to complain! But over the next week I will check out to see if I notice the same thing happening.

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread Betting - General