Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread betting companies

Post subject: Best spread betting company for a beginner
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 am 

Hi all,

I'm completely new to spread betting and was wondering what is the best spread betting company for a beginner? I've traded shares in the past, but it was a while ago and over the phone. I've never traded online before and although I am not completely illiterate I'm by no means a computer expert so I'm looking for some help as to the easiest to use platform for a beginner to help get me started.

Thanks,
Mike

Post subject: Re: Best spread betting company for a beginner
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi Fozzie/Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

There is no easy answer to your question. Unfortunately it will most likely come down to your own trial and error. You can try taking a look at the spread betting companies comparison table and maybe read some of the reviews on there to help you.

Personally I like trading with SpreadCo, Capital Spreads and IG Index. Why three companies? well some offer instruments that others don't and some have tighter spreads. I find it's always good to keep your options open when having spread betting accounts.

That said, I think FinSpreads still offer £0.1 per point trading for the first eight weeks(don't quote me on that, it may have changed, or I may have gotten it wrong). Trading with a small stake can be a great way to get started. Also some of the companies offer demo accounts which is a great way to try before you buy, so to speak. My comparison table, link above, will tell you which offer demo accounts etc. Your best bet is to take a look on there.

Harry,
The Spread betting beginner

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:42 pm 

thanks for the tips. I have opened and account with Capital Spreads and so far I like them. Their platform is straightforward and easy to use and they offer enough instruments for me.

I'll keep you updated with how things progress with them and if I open accounts with any other firms.

Best,
Mike

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Fozzie,

Thanks for the update and be sure to keep us posted with how your spread betting is progressing.

Harry,
The Spread betting beginner

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread betting companies