Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Journey Continues Part 22
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:15 pm 

Hi

got a bit of time before I have to go to parents' evening so here's a quick rundown for today...

FTSE gained a healthy 40 points to finish a solid 6091; despite a swathe of red across my portfolio (mostly oil and gas, precious metals, as you know) I ended the day just £30 or so down, which is nothing short of miraculous all things considered. I'm not unhappy today because mining had a bad day - lots of profit taking, no doubt - and I still managed a very small loss; hopefully tomorrow will be somewhat better and I can regain the upwards trend.

Finally NAUTICAL PETROLEUM stopped out today with a massive fall of 87 points! Bovvered, no, because I had a tight stop and ended up with a tidy £150 profit!! Don't you just love it when the system works...

Two new positions executed today, both pyramids: IQE PLC and RANGE RESOURCES LTD giving me 7 x contracts with IQE and 5 x contracts wuth RANGE. As an extra bonus today I got home early and managed to raise a ton of stops which is always a relief.

That's it for now and hoping for some upwards movement in the mining sector tomorrow (and everything else of course!)...

Cheers, Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary