Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Journey Continues Part 26
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 pm 

Hi

Oh dear not a very good day at all; I know there will always be bad days like this, but it never makes it any easier. Yes, a veritable sea of red covers my portfolio - just a bad day for commodities I guess...

Anyway my portfolio is around £170 down on the day so I'm slightly shaken but not too stirred! I'm actually surprised it's not worse than it is considering how badly the oil and gas sector performed today. I had 2 stop outs to the tune of £65 (ouch!!) which were WEATHERLY INTERNATIONAL and RANGE RESOURCES LTD (both 'pyramid' contracts).

I decided to take advantage of an unexpected fall in RANGE and opened a new contract at the lower level; thankfully the share came back from the abyss and so I still have my original 7 x contract position in this promising share. Hopefully it will regain some of the lost ground over the next few days.

Account funds are now £2385 so still in profit by more than £1500. It's a case of 'taking the rough with the smooth'; sadly it can't always be upwards every day! Here's to a better day tomorrow! Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary