Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: WEEKEND HOWGOZIT
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:13 am 

Hi

just didn't have time to post last night what with being late from work and one thing and another...

Another lacklustre day and my portfolio slipping again with account funds down to £2255. Major event of the spread betting day was a pyramid stop out on a long cherished position: IQE PLC. Of the 7 x positions I have held in this share for some time, 5 of them 'popped their clogs' yesterday, resulting in a profit of around £330. I still hold 2 positions but they are hanging on by the skin of their teeth; on Monday they will probably fall over with a potential loss of almost a £100; worst case scenario a gain of around £230, so I'm reasonably content with that.

Otherwise the rest of my portfolio is not faring brilliantly; however, perhaps I'm being too pessimistic. Although this feels like it's been the week from spread betting hell, a check on Monday's funds indicates a fall of £130 over the week. To be fair this is not too bad in the overall scheme of things; I've been down £300 in 3 days before now so, I think, it's very easy to lose the 'big picture' when you're having a few bad days....

Not much else to report really; at the moment I'm still optimistic about RANGE RESOURCES LTD which has held firmly aganst a very bad week for oil and gas, and commodities in general. I'm still very strongly in profit with my 8 x positions and, all being well, I'm hopeful of adding a few more over the coming days and weeks.

Have an excellent weekend,
Regards Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary