Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Beginning: part 6
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 pm 

FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBER

Well another slightly weird day with the FTSE down -18 points at close and my funds up by £2.00! Not much I know but it's nice to see even a small gain....

Best performer for me today was NAUTICAL PETROLEUM PLC, up by 8 points and showing a reasonable profit of £18.21 (£1/point contract). The next best performer was ELEMENTIS PLC, up 4.1 points. I have 5 contracts running with this share at £1/point each and I'm about £75-80 up in total on this one.

RED ROCK RESOURCES PLC which executed yesterday (I think) continues to rise and is now £10.69 in profit. This opened at 9.336 for £5/point and is presently 11.474. It doesn't happen very often but it's really satisfying when a contract goes straight into profit...

On the downside TT ELECTRONICS PLC fell by 3 points which doesn't seem much, but I have 6 positions in play at £1/point each, so that's £18 down with little effort!

The rest of the shares are a mixed bag of fairly small ups and downs, so all in all a reasonable day considering a lacklustre day for the FTSE in general.

Total funds £1017 which is about £250 profit to date.

Open positions about 45-48 of which some 30-32 are in various levels of profit...

See you Monday
Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary