Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Journey Continues Part 41
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm 

Hi

Well that was definitely the spread betting day from Hell; out of my entire portfolio I have just 2 shares that managed to creep into the green. It's not much consolation but, according to the bulletin boards I read, just about everybody who owns or trades shares had a nightmare of a day, and all down to the current situation in Libya - at least I presume so...

Anyway there it is, it happens now and again, and there's not much we can do. I had a pyramid stop out today with PETRA DIAMONDS LTD in which I had 9 x contracts. The bad news is that this was one of my favourite positions which I've nursed along for over 6 months; the good news is that I made just over £400 profit, so no real cause for complaint really. Who knows I might buy back in again once the dust has settled.

My two main positions - RANGE RESOURCES LTD and SOUND OIL PLC - both dropped, but only slightly, so I'm really pleased they weathered the storm and survived to fight another day. I'm reasonably confident (ish) that both these shares will make a recovery tomorrow.

My portfolio dropped around £400 so a fairly hefty 'hit' after so many good weeks. At this point I'm not too concerned; we'll see what tomorrow brings...

Cheers, BIG AL

Post subject: Re: The Journey Continues Part 41
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:25 am 

..An earthquake and Tsunami in Japan thats what tomorrow brought! Good luck to all traders out there today!

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary