Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Beginning: part 18
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:32 pm 

Hi

another teaser of a day on the FTSE - starts reasonably well and then the inevitable slow decline to finish 22 odd points down...

Apparently it's the dreaded Euro zone again:

"A EUR85-billion rescue aid package to address Ireland's fiscal stresses has failed to ease fears of contagion spreading in the euro zone, with investors increasingly focused on the prospects of future aid for other debt-laden countries in the euro area. The risks of contagion were spreading as investor confidence in Italy ebbed."

Well, despite all that malarky, my portfolio has done well for the second day running and I'm starting to think my luck will be running out soon...

Actually today's increase (about £90) is down to one share: PETRONEFT RESOURCES PLC which has been sitting on a backburner for months doing absolutely nothing. Anyway, for some relatively obscure reason, this share gained a solid 8 points today; lucky for me because I have 3 x contracts @ £5/point so I made around £100 profit...

The rest of my portfolio is the usual mixed bag of mediocre ups and downs apart from ENQUEST PLC which managed a respectable gain of 5.4 points. Worst performer of the day, yet again (!), was NAUTICAL PETROLEUM which slid another 1.5 points to finish just 4.5 points above its stop loss! I'm sick of this share but it just keeps hanging on in there...

Right then funds are now £1018 giving me a profit of around £250 since April. Wonder if my luck can hold out for a third day running...??

PS No stop outs and no new contracts executed.

Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary