Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Beginning: part 2
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:44 pm 

Hi

thought I would give you a quick run down on my current portfolio and how things are going in general.

Well it's been a bit of a neutral day (FTSE wise) having started reasonably well and then a slow slide to end the day at about -25 points. The FTSE 100 seems to have settled into a bit of a trading range between 5840 and 5880 during the past week or so and is struggling to break out at the moment...

Anyway back to my contracts. At present I have 46 (yes 46!) open contracts and my fund value with IG Index is currently £920. So far I have funded this account over the last 6 months to the tune of about £750 which means, for today anyway, I'm around £170 in profit. Of the 46 positions (off the top of my head) some 30 of these are in profit; several are about neutral and 8-10 are at varying levels of loss.

This morning my fund value was about £950 so I'm some £30 down on the day. A few of my positions stopped out today for a total profit of £15-20 but other shares generally dropped; hence the overall loss for the day. For me this is not really a bad day; at the moment I seem to be going through a fairly neutral period and, to be honest, it's a bit frustrating. But that's spread betting for you: 3 steps forward, 2 steps back, and so on...

OK time for me to chill and do some guitar practice - more spread betting tomorrow when my mind's clearer. All the best, Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary