Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Beginning: part 23
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 pm 

Hi

another good day both for the FTSE and my portfolio which gained arond £150 on the day. To be honest this current run of good luck is making me really edgy; I'm just waiting for something to go wrong! As we speak my funds are £1280 giving me a respectable £500 profit in 7 months - let's hope the good run continues...!

Anyway pretty much all of my shares showed gains today with just a few downers. There were no significant performers - just a steady increase all round. I managed to raise quite a few stops before I had to brave the weather and go to work, so a good day all in all. Let's hope the trend continues into tomorrow and the rest of the week.

No stop outs today and one position executed which was a 2nd contract with SIRIUS MINERALS PLC. I now have 47 open positions of which 34 are in various stages of profit. Best performer by far is PETRONEFT RESOURCES PLC (3 X contracts) which is around £220 in profit.

I still have positions which need to have stops raised but these will have to wait until Thursday when I have a few days off work. Cheers for now, Big Al

Post subject: Re: The Beginning: part 23
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:27 am 

That's the way to do it!

Oh, and check out my new "Foolish" article: A Foolish Guide to Stop Orders

Tony.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Well done big Al it would seem that you are making a decent return on your investment. Lets hope it continues.

Out of interest are you trading a particular strategy? If you are and you have it documented would you care to share it?

You don't have too but I know I'd be interested to read it.

All the best with the trading, keep up the good work.

Harry,
The Spread betting beginner

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:10 pm 

Hi

I wish I could tell you that I had some secret super strategy that's taken me years to develop - but, sadly, nothing could be further from the reality.

So, here it is, my long kept secret..........

I purchased Vince Stanzioni's spread betting package back in February (but only because it was reduced to £97 for a short period!). I spent a few weeks studying the course and then dived in feet first. Basically he just uses technical analysis, chart trends, etc. I like it because it's so simple and it looks like it might just be starting to work - but still very early days yet...

Cheers, Alan

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

So you're trading using a system you purchased from Vince Stanzione. How interesting! I know you cant say too much as you'll breach copyright laws if you give his big secret away. I'll be watching to see how it pans out.

I've heard mixed things about Vince Stanzione over the past few months. I can see how people can easily think what he sells is a scam as you can probably learn most of it yourself from books. The thing is when you really think about it are there really any systems out there that given the time and effort you could not develop yourself? In fact it's the same with anything really. When you think about software, anyone can write software if they put the time and effort into it. You could conceivably write windows or word or Facebook. All you need is to know where to look and spend the time and effort doing it.

Maybe Vince Stanzione does get a bad press. All that said I don't know the bloke, I have no idea what he sells or teaches so I can't really pass comment.

Anyway all the best with the spread betting BigAl. I hope the system works wonders for you.

Harry,
The Spread betting beginner

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary