Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Beginning: part 33
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:34 pm 

Hi

very solid day for the FTSE which gained 60 points to end at 5950! I can see us breaking the 6000 barrier before the new year at this rate - hope I haven't jinxed things!!

Anyway over half of my positions made gains today - some very respectable, and I've ended the day around £130 to the good. My balance now stands at £1455 which is a profit of £655 since April this year. I'm starting to feel very uneasy now because I've had a reasonable run of good luck for about 4 weeks and I'm waiting for the catch!

Best share today was NAUTICAL PETROLEUM PLC with a solid gain of 11.5 points. This position is now £25 in profit; just a few weeks ago I couldn't wait for it to stop out. I suppose patience really is a virtue...

Best all round performer for me has got to be PETRA DIAMONDS LTD which (dare I say it?) just keeps rising and rising - there I've just jinxed it to death!! Anyway at the moment the 6 x contracts are collectively around £240-250 in profit and I have locked in as much profit as the IG INDEX system allows; hopefully I will raise the stops again in the morning.

So lots of ups and very few downs today - no skill or effort on my part, it's just the luck of the day - tomorrow could be c**p for all I know. At least I've managed to build a solid barrier of profit into my account which has been no easy task. I hope my small amount of success to date is not entirely down to luck - perhaps we'll find out as we enter the new year.

No stop outs today and one new contract executed - VICTORIA OIL AND GAS PLC which is my 4th contract in what could be a very promising share...

I now hold a massive 57 positions of which approx 38 are in profit. Fingers crossed for another good day tomorrow. Cheers, Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary