Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: ACCOUNT HOWGOZIT 2010
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:39 am 

Hi

hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year. I had to work this morning but happily I was sent home after less than an hour!

Well I'm pleased to say that I have ended the year with just over £1000 profit. I started in April with £200 and have slowly topped up my account to the tune of £800 to date, giving a return of 125% (slightly better than putting it in a bank or savings account!).

As ever I am totally realistic about my reasonable success so far; I like to think that some of it is down to good strategy and judgement, but I've had a reasonable run of good luck recently, and also the markets have been generally kind to my portfolio. Interestingly my portfolio was showing just a small profit about 4 weeks ago so the £1k profit has been generated over that period. If only I could manage a grand every month I would be very happy indeed.

Everything I read seems to indicate that equities will do well during 2011 and especially gold, silver, copper (commodities in general); also oil and gas and precious minerals should do well; these have certainly served me well over recent months. Since things are working reasonably ok so far, then "if it's not broken, then don't try fix it", will continue to be my motto. As ever, time will tell...

I have learnt much over the past 8 months and will hopefully continue to do so; I am cautiously optimistic for this coming year and, for the moment anyway, my main ambition in spread betting will remain the same: to stay in the game as long as possible; if I can continue to make profits along the way then so much the better!

Anyway, for the record, my account funds are currently £1830 (all time high), giving me a profit of around £1030. I am holding 63 positions and around 40 or so of these are 'blue'.

See you again on Tuesday 4 January! Cheers, Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary