Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread Betting - General

Post subject: Follow a novice spreadbetter
 Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:46 pm 

Hey everyone

Just wanted to say hi after I signed up today. I've been spreadbetting since March although only properly since April 12th. I'm doing okay using a long term end of day trend following system. Currently about £300 up in profit with a £500 starting capital although May has been a little ropey for me (I was £600 up in profit at one point).

Made a few mistakes already, adding to failing positions, picking a trade based on poor tip sources etc. But I'm feeling really confident at the moment. This may all change though if I suffer any large losses.

You can check my progress out at my blog at http://thespreadtrader.wordpress.com and you can also get me on this forum and on Twitter @thespreadtrader

Would love to hear from other spreadbetters just for general SB'ing chat more than anything.

Cheers
Chris (thespreadtrader)

WEB: http://www.thespreadtrader.wordpress.com

Post subject: Re: Follow a novice spreadbetter
 Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum Chris. It sounds like you are doing well so far.

If you don't mind me asking what strategy are you trading? Care to share or are you keeping it under wraps?

Harry,
The Spread betting beginner

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 pm 

Hi, sorry for the delayed response.

I'm a keen follower of Vince Stanzione. I think the man speaks a lot of sense when it comes to spreadbetting and I've read a lot of his stuff. The fact he's become a millionaire from SB'ing appeals to me as many so called 'mentors' out there aren't rich. And that always makes me wonder, if their systems are so good, why aren't you living on a yacht in Monaco etc. Malcolm Pryor is also someone who seems to me like he's a man in the know.

Truth is I like to keep things as simple as possible. I use a simple moving average entry/exit strategy, reviewing my positions at End of Day and I try to be strict with my money management. Trend following, long and medium term mainly. Daytrading is too stressful for me and I've lost a fair bit of money trying it out. I like to sit back and ride a trend long or short.

Currently trying to tackle the issue of diversification as i'm currently holding a lot of UK shares and they all seem to rise/fall in unison. I need to look elsewhere, maybe back into Commodities and start looking at Bonds or something as well to prevent red number days.

Just wanted to say really enjoying the blog too. Its nice to see someone else coming across the same problems as me, and I mean that in a nice way. It's a tough but very enjoyable challenge spreadbetting.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:49 pm 

Hi. Just wanted to say i've started a new system as of 27/04/2012 and i'm blogging about my progress. Feel free to drop by and take a look anytime.

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread Betting - General