Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread Betting - General

Post subject: Demo trading.
 Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 pm 

I have also managed to make profits of 200 pound an hour on demo trading daily in inter-trader. My strategy doesnt work only at certain times of the day.

Post subject: Re: Demo trading.
 Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:10 am 

Attachment:
qa.PNG
qa.PNG [ 32.63 KiB | Viewed 16745 times ]
Today made profit on trading.
No idea why the 34 pounds isnt added to it.
will write daily also about other systems.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 am 

Attachment:
qc.PNG
qc.PNG [ 7.54 KiB | Viewed 16735 times ]
Attachment:
qc.PNG
qc.PNG [ 7.54 KiB | Viewed 16735 times ]

forgot to add this as well.
It seems best with PNG extension
but must not call it the same name as a previous file.

Attachments:
Qb.PNG
Qb.PNG [ 26.34 KiB | Viewed 16738 times ]
qa.TIF
qa.TIF [ 28.65 KiB | Viewed 16741 times ]

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 am 

aster2,

so what system are you trading?

best,
mike.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 pm 

I am sorry for the above. Its because I cant see in the preview what is happening and then cant change it myself. When I am given permission will perhaps do it then.
I am only doing demo trading and quite successful. I am also trying out all sorts of systems. Of the above one is from capitalspreads and one Saturn from spreadco I usually use inter-trader. The capitalspreads claim to be only 0.8 but then in the demo its a whole point. In Saturn it is .08 only for rolling ftse. Are there any others with such tight spreads. I dont advise to use the Saturn system it took me a long time to understand it and although tighter spread very very difficult to use. i will make a list of what I look for in a demo platform and i suppose in a live platform. There are quite a few about. Perhaps others can add to it. So far it would contain : sending emails with each trade. Talking with a live person. Not everything on one screen in other words changing parts to pop ups. And the most important which so far no trading screen I have seen has is to be able to close and open at one time. In other words watching the screen. if it goes up you want to close if down perhaps to buy more. You dont have this opportunity unless perhaps if you use two screens. You can use to trades like a buy and a sell but then you will have to undo them. In Futures it would work since they both get stopped out at the same price. That is if you can afford the margin. Will carry on my list later.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:35 pm 

A copy of an email I sent and received.
Thank you for your email
I have spent a lot of time on your platform. I must say its like its got a big no entry sign. The colours black are terrible. how to use it is almost impossible. you dont let me close each trade only all together. i have tried quite a few platforms but yours is the worst. your spreads are the best. but the platform impossible.
you also cant close and open a trade.
like youre watching the prices. and you have an open position. if it goes down you want to buy more if up you want to sell. you cant have both platforms open together
others also dont.
look at capital or inter-trader platform.

The reply
Thank you for your email.

We appreciate your feedback and can assure you we have a new release due for launch within the next month which will put the issues you have raised to rest.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

Sunny

SUNNY HUSSAIN

I forgot to mention this before. In their system they group all trades together and make an average price. But in other systems they also do this but then let you undo them and close each separately which is much better.
They also dont have pop ups and everything is on the screen which you have to move about. All in black. And to make smaller or bigger each time you trade to be able to close. Well just altogether impossible.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:37 pm 

i would like to welcome all my old friends here. Thank you for coming.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:21 am 

Aster2, I'm using Intertrader both dummy and live at the moment and like them most out of the ones I have already tried. When you mentioned in a previous message about stopping a trade and placing another in the different direction, I think in Intertrader you can amend an order. So if you had put a £2 buy on the FTSE and you wanted to change it to sell, you simply enter £4 sell which closes the £2 buy and opens a £2 sell. There are also live trades that you can follow with one of their traders which is great for picking up hints. I also like the live forex sqwark where you can listen live for economic announcements and the twitter feed where you can get information from too.

I also found this video on this site and have watched it a couple of times, interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruPS0MZYCaU&sns=em

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:24 am 

You miss my point. I am new here and havent really got down to it yet. I am not conventional, I dont believe the best way of trading is what you are taught at seminars etc. In time I will get down to it.
What I was saying was when doing scalping. One needs to close and open all the time. Using orders is too slow. One cannot have open both a close trade and an open at the same time and then decide which to do. Each second is vital. The market moves so fast. And the time it takes to open the 'box' is 'too much'.
Inter-trader is a very good system. But like each they have their faults. There are far too many key presses to be done in a trade. I am trying to look at all to find the best.
I have mentioned a few. What I am looking for is tight spreads emails. and good screen.
I will mention in my next post why one should prefer the DAX over the ftse. Or to put it another way which is the best stock indice to trade, the most profitable and why.

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:26 pm 

To trade let us give an example of learning to drive. One does not need to know how a car is made but one does need to know how to drive it and the state of the roads. One doesnt go out on the roads alone unless one has done some indoor driving on a screen. The same ought to be with live trading. One shouldnt be doing it before one has shown one can make a profit on demo. So how do you make a profit. One has to find the best market. I believe that all stock market indices work the same and one should go for the one where one can make the most profit. So if each has a one point spread like the ftse and the dax, since the dax is a lot higher, the movement will be more and therefore the profit in scalping will also be. They also start earlier in the day. To be able to make a profit it must move one point. So the dax is more likely to more often. If you can get the .08 spread then the ftse may be better.
Now let us give an example of football. One has to score (profit) and at the same time not let any goals in (loss). So to prevent losses is really more important. At least in football you are in charge although there is an opposing team. In the markets you are not in charge at all. So how do you prevent losses. I find the best way is not to trade when the market is volatile only when its calm and settled when it doesnt move too much. It can turn 'nasty' in the middle and then you can make losses. So to beware of that dont trade when figures are coming out. The idea is to 'scalp' and make as much profit as possible when things are calm to 'cater' for the inevitable losses.
If one trades up all the time when one makes losses in the end one will make a profit. The market never keeps going one way and always falls back on the way. But for this you would need endless funds to cover losses and margin. So one must do this in a way where not so much is needed. I would suggest a figure, one has to be prepared to lose one thousand and have margin of 6 to 10 thousand to start live and make a profit without just using luck.

Board index » Spread Betting » Spread Betting - General