Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary

Post subject: The Beginning: part 27
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm 

Hi

well a fairly good day all round really; the FTSE gained a respectable 47 points, and my portfolio rose more or less in sympathy, gaining a solid £40+ to finish the day at my all time high of £1310. As of today I am in profit by about £510 having paid in exactly £800 to my IG account since starting in April this year.

My gains today are all the more pleasing since I actually had 2 stop outs for a loss of £16; also 3 new trades executed, of which 2 are still in the 'red'. The rest of my portfolio was, as usual, a pretty mixed bag of ups and downs. Best performer today was FRENCH CONNECTION GROUP that has been languishing in the darkest corners of my portfolio for many months; suddenly it gained a superlative 10.5 points to bring the position into a £20 profit. It's only a £1/point bet but every little helps!

Next best share today was PETRA DIAMONDS LTD gaining a solid 5 points. I have 5 x contracts in this very reliable share and it is currently showing a total profit of £130. I might soon be tempted to open a 6th position before long.

My 2 stop outs were GOLDPLAT PLC (-£8.75) and BERKELEY MINERAL RESOURCES (-£7.84). I was quite disappointed with BMR because it was looking so promising; however the stop kicked in and did its job so can't complain. Maybe I'll buy in again if it drops a bit more...

New positions were CONDOR RESOURCES PLC (already showing £6 profit); RANGE RESOURCES LTD (just 0.92p down) and a third contract in a 'stonking' share (I hope), which is NYOTA MINERALS LTD (just £2.58 down).

By the way my new position in CONDOR is £12/point which is my highest bet so far - hope it works out...

That's it for today, Big Al

Board index » Trading Diaries » Big Als' Trading diary